Your Competent Person
Did you know that every company is required by law to have an appointed competent person that can assist you in ensuring you meet the necessary legal health and safety obligations? This means that as an employer you must appoint someone competent to provide sound advice on all matters of health and safety.
Appointing a competent person is a very important step when it comes to managing your company’s health and safety requirements. The appointed competent person will either be an employee supported by an external health and safety competent person or purely an external competent person.
Whichever avenue you choose to go down, our team of health and safety consultants can act as your competent person ensuring your company meet’s it’s necessary legal obligations.
Appointing Walker Health and Safety Services as your health and safety competent person ensures your company is not only meeting its necessary legal requirements but gives you peace of mind that your companies health and safety needs are in safe hands.
Acting as your appointed competent person, we work closely with your business to fully understand your company’s activities and put in place the necessary requirements to ensure you are fully health and safety compliant.
As part of being your health and safety competent person we carry out all the necessary steps to ensure your business is fully compliant, by taking such steps as;
- Analyse, update and/or implement a health and safety management system
- Review, update and if required create the necessary health and safety documentation required
- Carry out any necessary onsite audits & inspections
- Ensure all staff have the necessary levels of health and safety training required to meet the necessary legal requirements and ensure you and your employees are completely safe.
- We understand that no two businesses are alike so our competent person package is always tailored to your requirements to ensure you receive the necessary level of service required to ensure you meet the necessary health and safety legal obligations required.
Using us as your competent person means you will have flexible and effective advice on hand for whenever you need it.
Contact us to discuss your health and safety requirements.