Accident Investigation Support
When accidents occur in the workplace, it is essential that they are dealt with properly. When an accident occurs you are required to assess risks at work and take practical measures to protect the safety and health of workers. Walker Health and Safety Services offer accident investigation support that assists you in a variety of matters.
Our Accident Investigation Support assessments include;
- Identifying the factors that led to the incident
- Determining what changes need to be implemented to stop the issue arising again.
- With some accidents, it is important to understand who is to blame to protect you, and your business.
All accidents have a cost.
These may include:
- Legal – Fines, personal convictions, enforcement notices etc.
- Moral – Pain and suffering, mental strain, loss of earning, possible loss of life of life shortening, effect on families, outside activity persons, cost of repair/replacement of damaged property, plant and/or equipment, cost of loss of production etc.
Benefits of investigating
- Identifying the immediate, underlying and root causes allows effective measures to be implemented to prevent a recurrence
- Gain a better understanding of the risks associated with work activities
- Reduction in the number of accidents and ill health resulting in financial savings, such as insurance costs
Legal reasons for investigating
You should investigate accidents for a number of reasons:
- To ensure you are operating your business within the law.
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 requires employers to plan, organise, control, monitor and review their health and safety arrangements. Health and safety investigations form an essential part of this process.
- You are expected to make full disclosure of the circumstances of an accident to the injured parties considering civil legal action. The fear of litigation may make you think it is better not to investigate, but you can't make things better if you don't know what went wrong. The fact that you thoroughly investigated an accident and took remedial action to prevent further accidents would demonstrate to a court that your business has a positive attitude to health and safety. Your investigation findings will also provide essential information for your insurers in the event of a claim.
By choosing Walker Health and Safety Services to assist you with your accident investigation, you’re ensuring the process goes as smoothly as possible. With our support you’ll be fully prepared, so you will know what to expect and what your legal obligations are.
If you are interested in the accident investigation support offered by Walker Health and Safety Services, please don’t hesitate to contact us.